Thursday, January 24, 2008

midnight rants

It's 12:40am.

I'm wondering what the alcohol percentage of the (cheap?) champagne I got for Xmas is. I finally opened it on an anxious night, while my roommates are watching some random tv show, and I'm in my room, after finishing 3 hours of work updating a website's database...

It's one of those moments where there is no meaning. Everything is up in the air, ready to be grabbed and given a thought.

Until that happens, it just is. It exists, with no judgement or moral attached to it. No consequences. No past, no future.

It's only when we start to think about it and give it a meaning that it occupies our minds and becomes a presence.

A faucet pours water into a pot. The stove is clicked clicked clicked until it turns on. I'm guessing tea. And I'm guessing it's the "hippy-est" of my roommates preparing it.

Funny how you can read so much from one sound. While, sometimes, you can't figure out what's in front of you even though you are given multiple clues.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

me encanta la imagen del click de la cocina... pueden ser tantas cosas. Ese detalle es el tipo de cosas que enriquecen un texto. Te juro que vi a tu roomate, me imagine la cocina de gas, la olla, al mae todo hippy, y hasta el tipo de te que iba a hacer.. todo en esas dos oraciones. :D :D Me gusta!!