Tuesday, November 14, 2006

life is random. here is proof.

I have only to convince myself of something, and make a statement, for Lady Luck to change things around. Sometimes I think it's a personal game she plays with me...

If I dubbed Genova a city of possibilities, Milan has been a city of unearthing long forgotten past. Thanks to a bit of hard work, and a string of coincidences and luck (of course... always luck...) I started off Tuesday morning with no family, and in only 12 hours I had a grandmother, alive, in an elderly care facility.

I've had a week to digest the information, think on what to do, and make a new plan. She needs someone, that's for sure. All things point for a settling down in Milan, at least for a while. I'm still going to try and work out the trip to America, but details are hazy.

If anyone knows anyone in this city, that can offer a bit of hospitality, let me know. It doesn't make sense for me to rent a whole apartment with a long-term contract until I figure out the trip, the legalities, and the job options, but I also feel the need to be here for Christmas.

...

Yeah. I've learned to take life as it comes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

val- this is an amazing discovery! i hope you figure things out. i'll reach out to my contacts too see how we can get you a place to stay - you never know - the world is a small place.

much love,
aradhana