Wednesday, March 15, 2006

so far so good...

Hellllooo Madrid!

Smooth flight, they announced risk of bad turbulence twice, but nothing much happened. I managed to sleep at least 4 of the 7 hours, even ate the two meals they served (although my stomach hurts now... travel tip #2: avoid airline food... or bring some pepto along. I wish I had some.)

Arrived safely around 7am local time. Tried calling Angelitush, my friend, turns out I had her old phone numbers! Luckily I had recent directions on how to get to her job, and the bus/metro system of Madrid is all modern. And cheap. €1 per trip, with the option of a 10 trip deal for only €6! So I surprised her by walking into her office. She hadn´t even received my email reminding her I was arriving today. Since she still has a full day ahead of her, I asked for her keys and took aother bus to her apartment. I´m just like a local already ;)

It is now 11am. 4 hours since I landed. No such thing as wi-fi in the airport, now I have to find the local hot spots... there´s gotta be *some*! My trusty little "Western Europe on a Budget" guide suggested a couple of websites to check. Angela sent me to this internet spot (and I saw at least 3 others along the way...!) but I need my ´puter!! And I will start taking pics as soon as I settle a bit.

Well, to all of those looking to hear from me, I´m here safe and sound. Let the adventures begin! \^o^/

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I told you you'd be fine. :)

Anonymous said...

W00 H00....

Glad you got there safe!

Now Enjoy!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it in safely. I hope you're having fun!

Matthew Monahan: said...

Good to hear that you arrived safely! Here's an old Irish blessing for your journey:

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Glad to hear you made it there safe. And I can't wait to see some pictures!

Anonymous said...

I'm happy u had a safe flight......we all miss u already

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're there safe and sound...adjusting pretty quickly too :p that's our Val all right ^^

Otanoshinde~ :D (have fun :P)

Anonymous said...

Ciao Vale!!!

Mi pare proprio che tu ti stia scialando (come dicono a Crotone!!)..
Ricevuto le guide... ma cosa devo farci? Le conservo?
Abbraccio fortissimo!
Vera