Friday, April 21, 2006

Paris, day 2

I walked for 5 hours through Paris today. My first pic was taken at 1:46pm, the last at 6:46pm... other than a 5 min break once or twice to check on the map and plot the next move, I kept going without a pause... lol

I must have seen half of the tourist attractions already. If not that many, it was still a good chunk. Didn't actually enter any place, just strolled through to get a sense of the place, of distances, and or Paris in general. They have these multiple days museum passes, which are supposed to be a saving on museum entrances... but I can't imagine how you can get 30 euros worth of museums in 2 days... even when the average entrance is 8 euros. le louvre alone must take a whole day or two... and Paris isn't as compact as Madrid. I could walk around the whole center of Madrid in a couple of hours. Here, I barely went across in 5!

I have a selection of pics but i still have to watermark them and add captions. I will post them tomorrow, I promise. I got some cool wide-angle lens action on the Eiffel tower :)

Cool plans I'm looking forward to: seeing an original Asterix et Obelix animated movie in the theaters (I won't understand more than 3 words, but I'm so going!), visiting the Asterix et Obelix park with my hosts, seeing Paris by night (the Eiffel tower wasn't too impressive in daylight) and finding good food (I always suck at finding anything beyond junk food when I just walk around on my own, aimlessly, without a clue what to look for...)

And I better learn some French. For a town that thrives on tourism and has so many immigrants, they really do not accommodate foreigners...

No comments: