Tuesday, April 18, 2006

random update

Nothing much new, at least no easter travels, no sight-seeing... I'm saving my energies for the next portion of the trip. I'm [boring the crap out of cris by blogging instead of doing other, more fun, stuff...] <-- of course this is cris typing while i'm not looking ;)

Yesterday I went to the movie with Angela and Santi, he had suggested a film from Columbia called "Sumas y Restas" which sounded scary as he explained the plot, but turned out to be really good. Not counting the more violent bits about guns in the streets and sequestering, the people, the way of living, and the general attitude really reminded me of Costa Rica. The funniest part is, the movie was in Spanish, and yet they had subtitles... in Spanish. For all the slang words not used in Spain. It was kinda odd.

The rest has been fairly quiet. Sleeping in, hanging out... I completely ignored Easter, as did everyone else I know. The only plan coming up is to go back to the Korean restaurant Tue night, the last night I'm gonna be here. That's where I met everyone, the first Friday I was here. Kinda of a beginning and end. Plus it was good food :)

I probably won't have another update 'til I get to France. Or from the airport if I find a connection here in Madrid while I wait. When I came into Barajas, though, they told me there was no wireless anywhere...

Random side notes: I saw Cannabia beer in a supermarket. Has a scratch-and-sniff on the label. Interesting.

Other random side note: Here's some slang I learned in Spain:
currar = trabajar (work)
vale = bueno, 'ta bien (ok)
polla = picha (dick)
que morro = que feo (yuck)
guiri = gringo (foreigner)
como mola = que tuanis (how cool)
chungo = feo (ugly)
pijo = fresa (posh)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the quick Spanish lesson. Not sure when I'll get use those terms tho.