Friday, April 21, 2006

pics from day 2

As promised, here are pictures from day 2 in Paris (although day one was really just an evening... not sure if I should count it...)

Anyhoo, I arrived April 19 in the evening, and I set off for downtown Paris on the afternoon of the 20th. I think in 5 hours I walked a total of about 10Km. At least. Possibly more... wow. 2Km/hr. I wonder if this constitutes a statistic for the average tourist speed... ;)

See the pictures

Some side notes from the first day:

Do not go to Les Halles. It's actually a shady area. The guide makes it sound like a cool, underground mall. Which is kinda is. But it's full of shady locals and drunkards. I got molested by one on my way in. And you pay for bathrooms in there. A whole of 40 cents. For a stinky, not-quite-clean place. Better off using the free huts on the street.

Unlike Madrid, there are no such things as free museum days. Well, supposedly the first sunday of each month. But it must be a mad house. And transportation is more expensive, too, so plan things properly.

Off I go now to another fun afternoon! (This having a permanent internet connection really helps! My blogs should be a lot more frequent now :) I'm also going to try and catch up with email, finally...)

No comments: